Sameer brings much passion and creativity to our menus! His love of the culinary arts started at home while cooking side by side with his father who owned a catering company in India. He then continued his culinary education in London and later gained invaluable experience at some top hotels. We are thankful for the wealth of culinary knowledge Sameer has brought to our kitchen here at Boston Catering & Events.
When asked about his passion for cooking, Sameer replied,
Sameer loves to cook for his family as well as our clients. One of his favorite recipes is Baked Veggie Meatballs with a Twist! His mother used to make it in an Indian style (chickpea balls with curry sauce, served with rice). It was his first attempt at cooking a vegetarian dish for his mother on her birthday. He served it to her in a traditional manner, but with some creativity, you can pair this with a tomato sauce and pasta as a vegetarian meatball alternative too!
SAMEER’S BAKED VEGGIE MEATBALLS WITH A TWIST
Ingredients (Serves 4):
½ cup white rice
1 small onion, minced
1 tbsp garam masala
½ tbsp paprika
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tomatoes, deseeded and minced
1 can chick peas
½ tbsp ground coriander
¾ cup bread crumbs
2 tbsp chopped cilantro, for garnish
1. Boil rice for 10-15 minutes or until rice is cooked
2. Remove from heat, let cool at room temperature for 3-4 minutes
3. Preheat oven to 350° F
4. Sauté onion, garlic, tomatoes, and spices
5. Puree chickpeas in a food processor, then mix together with the sautéed onion, garlic, tomatoes, spices, breadcrumbs, rice, and cilantro
6. Divide the mixture into 12 equal portions and shape each one into a tight, uniform ball
7. Place the formed chickpea-rice balls on a greased sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked throughout
8. Serve over your choice of pasta with a tomato sauce
We are thrilled to have Sameer on our team and that he shares our commitment to always go above and beyond the client’s expectations in creativity and taste. Sameer also shares our passion for producing top dishes, while working with local farms, co-operatives, and dairies whenever possible, to create sustainable local menus.
Contact Us to book your next event with Boston Catering and Events and let Chef Sameer create an amazing menu and experience for you!